7mm , Blackney, A Glimpse of the Forest

Alan

Western Thunderer
I must apologise for not having posted for over a month but it is summertime and so to slightly missquote the water rat I have spent a fair time messing about in our boat. Oh and doing some writing and taking photos, but more of that later.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I must apologise for not having posted for over a month but it is summertime
No probs Alan, most of the layout Threads I follow both here & Over There have been pretty dormant recently, my own included. Warmer weather does rather distract from modelling somewhat, even though it's the ideal time to do stuff that involves drying time; painting and gluing things... :oops:

Alan

Western Thunderer
I mentioned in my last post that I had been writing and taking snaps.
One of the pieces was for a local sailing class magazine with accompanying photos. It is about a regatta, Thurne Mouth Open Regatta sailed on the Norfolk Broads at Thurne Mouth normally at may bank holiday weekend but this year over the Jubillee weekend. I wont bore you with the article but here are some of the photos. The magazine is the River Cruiser Class mag. and is very proffesionally produced.
the photos therefore are of the sailing cruisers varying in age from 3 years old to over 60 years old. By the way there were at least 20 boats ineach race split into four starts at 5 minute intervals.

Jockeying for position at the start whilst avoiding the hire boats
TMOR 1F.jpg

A classic broads picture of a river based regatta

TMOR 4F.jpg

On the Fiday afternoon the sun came out and the wind was blowing some 15mph gusting over 20

TMOR 3F.jpg

TMOR 2F.jpg

The next post will be about the Three Rivers Race which is sailed over a course of some 50 miles with all entants having to drop their mast 4times to get under the various bridges.