Captain Kernow's layouts

simond

Western Thunderer
In all my travels (and I’ve been to a few places over the years) Wales is the only place I ever got heatstroke.

that said, having had it once, you’d tend to avoid repeating the experience.

And it was a very hot day, I was probably 15 or 16, and I was third man on Mountaineer.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
It's Wales Tim, of course it will rain soon.

Morning all.

I can confirm we have had rain overnight, the last vestiges of which are hanging about but nothing that will amount to much.

As an aside, I have reverted back to one's original nom de plume.

I thank you....

Nick Rogers

Western Thunderer
Morning all.

I can confirm we have had rain overnight, the last vestiges of which are hanging about but nothing that will amount to much.

As an aside, I have reverted back to one's original nom de plume.

I thank you....

hqdefault.jpg
Sir George Parr, thank you.

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Just opening the debate...

View attachment 164481
Takes me back to the early fifties, my mother was Cornish, we lived in Margate and did the annual trip to Carnsullan Bungalow in Coverack. Its still there, a holiday let i think these days. Originally by train to Victoria, across to Paddington, down to Gwinear Road onto the branch to Helston and then bus to Coverack.
Nanny and grandad, hard working folk, nanna's pasties, junkets, splits and scones and cream from Roskilly's in nearby St Keverne. Grandad used to cycle to work at 3.45am to Dean quarry where he was in charge of the explosives.
They had no running water in their bungalow, it had to be pumped up from the well out the back. Happy days though sun always seem to shine.
Alan

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Tim, could you provide a pointer on how you created the brickwork here? It looks like the brickies were making it up as they went along, exactly the effect I want to create.
Hi Richard,

Sorry if this is a bit disappointing, but the goods shed is a Townstreet plastercast kit! It takes enamel paints very well and makes painting a delight, but these are not individually laid or scribed bricks, I'm afraid (I only wish I could do them as well as that!).