Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Arriving this morning only a week after ordering are the footbridge steps for Canton from York model making. Laser cut out of styrene and assembled in 10 minutes with EMA. The little building underneath is from Railway Laser Lines and is actually based on a building that was at Canton. It’s not 100% correct for this location but it’s fits just right. No painting today as it’s raining again !IMG_7285.jpegIMG_7283.jpeg

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
I will be moving home in the next two weeks, not by desire more by necessity as my current land Lord has put my house up for sale.
My new property is a lot smaller which in many ways is better but it also means I don’t have room to store Cardiff Canton so I’m going to reach out to a few local clubs to potentially see if they have room to store it so I can finally finish it off.
My commission work will go ahead as planned as most of that is completed in Bristol, there may be some slight delays to current projects during the transition period.
Canton will be 8’ , 3’ once complete but for now it’s only 6’ X 3’ as I’ve yet to build the cassette boards.
Failing that I’ll offer it for sale as is and will only look to get back what I’ve invested in it material wise.IMG_7878.jpeg

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Canton is now safely stored at the Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway model club. This means I can finish it off and hopefully have it ready by their model show event next year