Church Norton

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
I’ve been away a while, what with lack of interest and work commitments. So now with the mojo returned I have made a start on this 2251 class which is a Finney kit. So far so good, this is my first Finney kit and I can thoroughly recommend it, everything seems to fit without hardly any fettling.

3FB7EC4D-0736-4733-99A9-42A8A8720DFB.jpeg

Martyn.

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Hello Martyn,

it could just be the angle of the photo. But the boiler barrel hole for the handrail knob looks a bit high when it should be a bit lower than the ones on the firebox and smokebox.

But it's looking like a nice-looking build.

ATB

OzzyO.

simond

Western Thunderer
Martyn,

Is the bottom of the boiler horizontal? I believe it should be.

Possibly adding the saddle under the smokebox will sort it?

atb
Simon

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Guys, yes the bottom of the boiler is suppose to be horizontal. I thought it was, I must buy some new glasses, oh well time to get the blow lamp out and see what might fall off….:(.

Hopefully back soon……

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Guys, well I’m finally on the home straight ( I think ).. I had a baptism of fire regarding the adjustment of the boiler, I decided the easiest way to carry out the job would be to gently apply heat to the said area and hopefully remove the entire boiler/ smoke box, and then adjust accordingly. So I purchased a micro flame torch and without giving much thought I gave it a go !! Well to cut a long story short, basically the boiler/ smoke box fell apart, leaving me with a pile of scorched etches….” Oh dear “ I said….

Anyhow, a lesson learned. I now need to give her a final scrub up and then she’s off up north for Warren to work his magic on her with a nice coat of paint or two.

B9004A12-6864-4A57-8FF0-A590F19807F1.jpeg
D66C55F0-5A9B-401B-B3C0-DD4DB5629FB7.jpeg3408E49B-E29C-4801-ACF2-DD5BFD086683.jpeg

Cheers,

Martyn.