Finney7

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
Hi Warren,

Surely there can't be 2 of the darned things!

Happy for you to use the photos, but note I forgot to remove the invisibility cloak around the safety valve on the first one.

Do you want me to take it again?

Richard
Fine as is thanks mate, thought it was the one I did but you never can be too sure.
that bloody hand painted coat of arms was the give away.
Does look cool tho :cool::cool:

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Prototypical length of train for Olton Hall.

Not sure if it’s true but heard the story that the second half of the train in the film was cgi as Olton Hall couldn’t pull a full train of coaches. Not sure if it was the gradients or if it was in a bad way (think it was the latter).

Either way the owners have made a fortune renting it to the studios for the Harry Potter experience for so long! :))

JB.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
...We had very mixed reviews this weekend at the SVR show, a Hall in very much the wrong colour for some but loved by the younger section of visitors :)):thumbs:

Looks pretty smart in red - then I've no interest the GW whatsoever :rolleyes: :). However, if it attracts a younger generation to the hobby as it's easily recognisable it'll serve it's purpose :thumbs: - after all it should be fun.

isambardme

Western Thunderer
Managed to finally run Hogwarts Castle ( Olton Hall ) on Heyside. Thanks to @TheSnapper for the DCC gubbins, she sounds We had very mixed reviews this weekend at the SVR show, a Hall in very much the wrong colour for some but loved by the younger section of visitors :)):thumbs:

Dare someone post this video on the original WT Heyside layout site, which doesn't seem to have had many postings for a while.

Steve