Grotty Box Brownie Shots 1963 -65

RonnieS

Western Thunderer
The third 2MT 2-6-0 is 46462 shunting at Bilston Central. and That's my dad in the foreground.
1727160154603.jpeg
So I think this was 1962 as then it was a Bescot allocated loco and dad had left BR employment by 1964.

Bescot 06/01/1962

Rugby 01/12/1962

Bangor 09/03/1963

Croes Newydd 01/02/1964

Last edited:

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
Mineral wagon variety on the coaling stage at Oxley. I think there was a problem with the coaling stage at that time and the mechanical device was covering?View attachment 224133
After the "Midlandisation" of the ex GWR lines in the area the loco stud was very varied as you can see.
I really like this photo.

The mineral wagons on the incline provide a great backdrop. The crane adds some variety. To me it looks like things are going on, even though the locos are stationary. Could make a great diorama. Hmm.

Mike

RonnieS

Western Thunderer
Well, thank you. It was with some trepidation I posted the grotty photos but I was not trying to compete with better photographers. They seem quite well received.

RonnieS

Western Thunderer
This is the last one for a while. But not the end of the thread . A winter project of digitising the last 2 crates of Magazines, Photos and some other stuff (including the resource I promised https://www.westernthunder.co.uk/members/ajc.202/ ) may be January now as I am about to build a complicated Control panel (panel 4 for our current club layout Blue Ridge Mountain Railroad Company )

Anyway a Manor at Bilston. 1962 I think?1727339645850.jpeg

Last edited: