Hairy Bikers and Other Petrol Heads

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
View attachment 146192

What's the word on the street about this, MV Agusta Superveloce 110, only 110 made, list price £32k, this was sold in a couple of hours.

Tim

file.php

Magni Italia 01/01 pays a fitting tribute to the late Arturo Magni

If I had the choice and the money of course........

Rob.

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
I was a scrutineer at Snetterton for the 1972 Race of Aces and had the honour of doing Ago's bike. It looked fantastic from a distance but on closer inspection a season or 2 of grand prixs had taken its toll on the detail. The engine castings appeared to have been used as a saw bench! It went alright, he won it. I'm with Colin, go for the genuine retro article Tim and put up with the oil leaks.

Robin,

I'm too much of a coward to ride a bike, particularly after some of the stories you and Colin have told me of your biking experiences:D

Tim

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Robin,

I'm too much of a coward to ride a bike, particularly after some of the stories you and Colin have told me of your biking experiences:D

Tim

I must admit when I think back to some of the incidents in my motorcycling days I wonder how I'm still here !. It's a case of 'defensive' riding, a term we were using even back in the '70's. Unfortunately there are a lot of drivers out there that are totally oblivious of other road users and I'm sure you'll agree that you have to treat everyone else on the road as a complete idiot even if they're not.
I had to do this especially when driving artic's as some can't even see 44 tons of Scania bearing down on them ! :rolleyes::D ...some times you could teach 'em a lesson and scare the s**t out of them with out hurting them, other times you had no choice :eek:

That almost sounds like a rant :)):)).

Col.

Max M

Western Thunderer
Unfortunately there are a lot of drivers out there that are totally oblivious of other road users and I'm sure you'll agree that you have to treat everyone else on the road as a complete idiot even if they're not.

I try, not always successfully, to take the approach that everyone out there will try to kill you and take appropriate action to prevent his happening.

Max M

Western Thunderer
A few less horsepower here:

A 3-day round trip of 250 miles by coach from Brighton to Wolverhampton on 2.5 gallons of fuel?

What a lovely creation, although I doubt that it would pass emission or type approval requirements nowadays?

simond

Western Thunderer
I can imagine all sorts of difficulties, there is a facility for individual type approval, but the days of just rolling up at an MOT in your latest creation have long gone, I think.

Amongst others, I foresee entertainment with emissions, fuel tank vent, light positions, tyre approval, seat belt provision, roll-over protection, suitable laminated windscreen….

Vehicle approval

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Euclid jeep.jpg
I saw this and thought of @Osgood. Euclid 1, Jeep -. I bet someone had some forms to fill out to explain why a government vehicle was no longer serviceable. It is not as squashed as I would have thought it would be. 1950s.

Allen M

Western Thunderer
Hi all
The scooter has gone, I am no longer a hairy (or hairless) biker.
I finally sold it to a trader, Kidderminster Motorcycles for what I considered a fair price because, probably from lack of use it was not running very well. I'm sure I could have found the problem except for the fact I can't be bothered! As reported my nerve and mojo have gone but I got over 60 years in.
Having also completed the fence repairs around the garden there is plenty of modelling left to do.
Regards
Allen Morgan

davey4270

Western Thunderer
Thought I'd start a new thread as there seems to be a lot of current/ex bikers around.
So to get the ball rolling I offer this.

View attachment 119708

My old 'one lunger' which I could ride up the wooden stairs behind it to my first floor flat !

Got plenty more to post later.
Col.

I still participate so not an ex biker, so I hope this is allowed. My 88 cu in Supeglide Custom outside the Jamaica Inn.

6AEBD429-5AEA-4963-A6C6-0CCDDA8FD1E8.jpeg