7mm Heybridge Basin

simond

Western Thunderer
Panniers.

you really can’t have too many. But building three or four of a broadly similar design, with detail differences, would be boring, particularly when they’re readily available, run well, look right, and are just crying out to be made suitably grubby. So I built two and a half*, and bought three.

* the half is still WIP, as @Pencarrow knows!

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Panniers.

you really can’t have too many. But building three or four of a broadly similar design, with detail differences, would be boring, particularly when they’re readily available, run well, look right, and are just crying out to be made suitably grubby. So I built two and a half*, and bought three.

* the half is still WIP, as @Pencarrow knows!

Panniers.

You can have too many. They all look the same, are evil and are prone to give you stress and headaches. Worst of the lot are 1366....

Osgood

Western Thunderer
And this is the fate that befell the last member to attempt to impose a restricted field of modelling content onto the WT membership:

Assimilated.png

And this is the fate that befell the last member to attempt to impose a restricted field of modelling content onto the WT membership:

View attachment 221126
I have a simpathy with this, though I have built several in the past, 7754, 2035 plus saddle tanks 816, 2057 & 789, all since sold.
More recently, when asked what I was building , I replied - a pannier tank. Friends thought I had finally cracked.
Actually it was a Kitson long boiler PT for the Consett Iron co, as running at the Tanfield gala a few years ago.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I have a simpathy with this, though I have built several in the past, 7754, 2035 plus saddle tanks 816, 2057 & 789, all since sold.
More recently, when asked what I was building , I replied - a pannier tank. Friends thought I had finally cracked.
Actually it was a Kitson long boiler PT for the Consett Iron co, as running at the Tanfield gala a few years ago.

:thumbs: I've been hoping someone will produce a kit of the long-boiler tanks - they could be as per your build, or the saddle tank variety by Sharp Stewart, some of which appear to be of identical design - e.g. SS 2503 (snap from IRS):

SS 2503.jpg

Osgood

Western Thunderer
The pannier mod results in a nicely proportioned engine - wonder if anyone produces a kit in 7mm......