Just for a laugh

Allen M

Western Thunderer
I wish I'd been older, to really appreciate meeting a genuine Victorian lady.
Hi Jordan
My grandmothers where Victorian ladies and I still remember some of their ways and comments. My mother was Edwardian and I am Georgian (the 6th).
As for wishing about being older, it don't have much going for it :( What I would like is the the knowledge I have now with the energy of the kids running about my local park. ;)

Regards
Allen

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
My Great-grandmother used to have it; one of my memories of her in the early 70s. I wish I'd been older, to really appreciate meeting a genuine Victorian lady.

Hi Jordan
My grandmothers where Victorian ladies and I still remember some of their ways and comments.
Hi Allen, the funny thing is my Great-grandmother's Black Country accent was almost impenetrable, I could barely understand a word, it was so strong.!!
I have a feeling she never left Wednesbury, ever!! :))

alastairq

Western Thunderer
Whilst the topic of milk and bottles seems to be current, if somewhat off topic, I'll post my connections with the milk industry on probably the most ''appropriate'' thread here {??} {Unless someone knows otherwise?}

alastairq

Western Thunderer
I vacuumed the lawn once, after mowing......Saved raking and scooping the mess up into the brown bin {I had a workshop vacuum, courtesy of Screwfix]

Two members of the parish council happened to walk past my gate at the time.
They no longer badger me about keeping my front garden neat n tidy.....all of a sudden.