Larkrail

Simon

Flying Squad
I have printed several of The Posters off - a few now grace Cardiff City Hall notice boards.
Shall I ask the kind gents in the Ian Allen Bookshop in Cardiff to display one Simon?

Looking forward to The Show
Roger
:)

Yes please, that would be brilliant Roger:thumbs:

Here's a snap of the "middle" of the hall, those doors slide inside the dividing wall to create a wider opening between the main hall where I am standing and the communal hall running left to right in the background. Cafe facilities are off to the right and door at left is main entrance from foyer area.

Lark1.jpg

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Further confirmations, Laurie Griffin will be coming along to demo and or talk about what he does and Brian Osborne's "Branchlines" is also confirmed:thumbs:

Here's the parking map wot I have done for the show:

Larkpark.jpg

Hope it's helpful!

Simon

Just had a phone call from HQ - got to go, right now:rolleyes:

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Hi Simon, what is the nearest Train Station? might be useful info, cheers Rob

Bath Spa, 1.5 miles away, access by walking, or bus services 6/7 or 13.

Whoops, on map I have put service 213, this is the old 1970s number, it is service 13 these days:oops:

TheSnapper

Western Thunderer
........Here's the parking map wot I have done for the show....

Hi Simon,

Can you tell me how far it is from the Lansdown "Park & Ride" (BA1 9BJ). Is it walkable, or does the P&R Bus Service pass nearby?

I'm just thinking that my wife may like to head into town, leaving me to my own devices....!

Regards

Tim

Simon

Flying Squad
Hi Simon,

Can you tell me how far it is from the Lansdown "Park & Ride" (BA1 9BJ). Is it walkable, or does the P&R Bus Service pass nearby?

I'm just thinking that my wife may like to head into town, leaving me to my own devices....!

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim

The park & ride bus will take you down into Bath, from where its 13, 6 or 7 to our neck of the woods,or a walk of about 1 mile. You can walk down from the park & ride but its probably 3 miles and a map would show you the options,it's potentially a very nice walk, a visitor did do it the other week.

Simon

queensquare

Western Thunderer
Morning Simon,
how easy is it to drop down to the canal from Larkhall. I fancy walking this way when I head off to the Abbey at lunchtime on show day but if its a nice day it might be a pleasant alternative for those who fancy a stroll from the centre of town.

Jerry

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Simon,

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim

I'll be able to pick you up and take you to the show. Linda and I are down in Bath for 3 days.

Cheers.

Richard

Simon

Flying Squad
Morning Simon,
how easy is it to drop down to the canal from Larkhall. I fancy walking this way when I head off to the Abbey at lunchtime on show day but if its a nice day it might be a pleasant alternative for those who fancy a stroll from the centre of town.

Jerry

It is very easy, but you drop up rather than drop down :))

With reference to the map above, walk out of show, across Larkhall Square, walk straight past the shop:eek: and continue down upper Lambridge Street to the London Road, turn right, across Pelican Crossing, turn immediately left (heading Bathwards) down Grosvenor Bridge Road, right at end by flats, follow footpath over river bridge, under railway arch and you are on the canal towpath, total walking time so far between 5 & 10 minutes.

Lovely and direct walk into Bath, quickest way to Abbey is turn right off canal where it dives under A36, walk down main road to stupid traffic lights, cross road (good luck), head east then take right turn down one of the most famous streets in Europe (I know cos my mum was always telling me this) then over Pulteney bridge, Abbey to left or right:)

You'd have plenty of time to put a knot in a tie:p

Simon

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Larkposter_a.JPG

I've decided to let Dave have a go at some of the sandwiches this year, leaving me more time to sell you lot bananas!

Roll up, roll up!!!...........................:D:D

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
All looks good! I'll try to be at the hall by 0830, should only take 10-15mins to get something running on 'the Hornby'.

Simon

Flying Squad
All looks good! I'll try to be at the hall by 0830, should only take 10-15mins to get something running on 'the Hornby'.

Fab!

I'll get letters out in the next couple of days, in the meantime I can confirm the following additions to the list so far, John Bruce with his EM "Works Yard" layout and Steve Harrod with a G1 diesel building and weathering "talk-in", featuring his current project, a Fred Phipps Class 29, and a finished loco and piece of test track too:)

Simon

Devonbelle

Western Thunderer
Zuit alors.- I'll bring two special coaches along - one avec couchette - not native to Noivion but its dark blue with CIWL crests and aside from usual motive power my CFD class 20 in orange blue and white will shunt the goods - le chopper!

Look forward to seeing the Captain and Simon and meeting new faces. Paul

Simon

Flying Squad
Well I'm sitting here in the tropical sunshine trying to get Larkrail admin sorted out, I still haven't written the letters but have now confirmed another couple of attendees, being Brian Osborne and his "Branchlines" stand and also I am pleased to confirm that Paul Marshall-Potter is able to visit with his rather nice layout "Albion Yard", and his operators on the day will be Peter Kirkmond (Blea Moor) and Simon Thompson (Aberbeeg) so ther will be even more interesting modellers "added to the mix" on the day.

Apologies for the name dropping:p back to the admin...

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Zuit alors.- I'll bring two special coaches along - one avec couchette - not native to Noivion but its dark blue with CIWL crests and aside from usual motive power my CFD class 20 in orange blue and white will shunt the goods - le chopper!

Look forward to seeing the Captain and Simon and meeting new faces. Paul

Ooh, can't beat a bit of wagons lits action:eek:

Look forward to seeing you next week, letter coming shortly:oops:

Simon