Less than 9 weeks to Guildex 2010

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

fine by me as I'm there both days, but which test track - L4 East Midlands or L10 The Poachers?

regards

Mike

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
... but which test track - L4 East Midlands or L10 The Poachers?
The one with the most space around it... we're quite a big group, now..!!! :p :thumbs:

(No, I haven't looked to see which one that might be... :oops: )

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
Saturday at 1-o-clock sounds fine :thumbs: L 10 looks good (and it's close to the food & DRINK!!) Is it just me who always gets a raging thirst at Telford? and as i'm driving AND SWMBO is coming with me it's soft drinks :headbang: : :shit: :headbang: :lol:

regards

Rog

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Rob Pulham said:
I wish I was coming but going on holiday the Thursday after so I need my pennies :scratch:
I'll check, but I don't think spending money is compulsory... :scratch: :p I didn't spend any beyond the entry fee last year !!

Or maybe I'm just tight-fisted anyway..... :oops:

If a lack of will power is the problem then leave the wallet at home, or take SWMBO with you; the effect is pretty much the same !! :lol: :lol:

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I know what you are saying but it is a fair trek from Wakefield, Halifax on the other hand seems just up the road.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Rob Pulham said:
... it is a fair trek from Wakefield, Halifax on the other hand seems just up the road.
Fair comment - I don't go to any other G.O.G. shows as Telford is "just up the road" for me... ;)

28ten

Guv'nor
I know what you mean Rob, its nice to go any buy a few things otherwise its quite an expensive trip/day out for a chat and window shopping.
Im not sure which day I will go, I might try Sunday this year as its supposed to be quieter

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I know what you mean Rob, its nice to go any buy a few things otherwise its quite an expensive trip/day out for a chat and window shopping.
Im not sure which day I will go, I might try Sunday this year as its supposed to be quieter

I have just made up for not getting to Guildex. :D :D

I had rather a good weekend selling some of my 4mm kits on ebay (the wife persuaded me to take the plunge) and as a result I had the funds to bid on and win a Hayward suberban LMS coach and two Sidelines period III LMS coaches, all for less then ?100 each. Even show special offers wouldn't beat that. :thumbs:

marsa69

Western Thunderer
It's going to be Sunday for me. My first Guildex so I am well looking forward to it. Initially I wasn't taking a shopping list but I have reviewed that and might as well get my paints, bits and pieces and save on the P+P costs :D

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
A first Guildex is a treat to be savoured. The huge range of products now available is astonishing.

I shall be going both days, and shall mosey along to the test track to put faces to names. As always, I have a big shopping list of nothings (ie tools, bits and pieces, no nice boxes) that will cost me far more than I expect. I shall spend a lot of time talking, and hope to take my better half on the Sunday. Paradoxically that is more of a stress on the wallet than the Saturday, as she keeps seeing things I might like to buy. Still haven't worked out why I have a Rocket to build.

Richard

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I got a card from the Warley MRC this week, inviting me to buy advance tickets for the NEC Show...
For one day; Adult ?9.50, Child ?6.50. NEC Parking ?8.00
happy0194.gif

TOTAL = ?24.00... :shock: :rolleyes: and not even got through the entrance yet... :headbang:

Another year I won't be at Warley, then... :p

It also puts the Non-Members price of ?12 for me & son, plus parking (about ?3 or ?4 ?) for Telford Guildex in perspective,too, I think. ;)

28ten

Guv'nor
I have never been to Warley, it doesn't appeal to me, crowds and the NEC parking :twisted:
just over a week to go and my shopping list is coming together:- track, and bits to finish off some ongoing (abandoned?) projects, maybe a wagon or two.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

I haven't been (and won't go) to Warley for years. Too many people rather than cost, but I must admit it's pretty expensive. I loved the Warley show when it was at the Harry Mitchell recreation centre, and did go to the NEC a couple of times after it moved, but never again, not even with Heyside should it be invited.

Don't forget Jordan, you get 2 full days for ?12 at Telford :thumbs:

My list is mostly hand tools and consumables, plus scenic bits for Heyside, though I'm not ruling out another box should I see a bargain. There is one kit I'm chasing for Heyside - Chowbent Stanier 2-6-2T - but I don't hold out too much hope for finding one of these.

Richard