7mm Loose Ends

28ten

Guv'nor
Thats pretty much the same as Lambourn :thumbs: I think two versions of the roof supports will be in order,
  • Quick and dirty laser cut profile in mdf i.e. all cutouts etc but flat
  • Sexy version with all the girders etc
I have ordered some angle etc from Eileen which should arrive before christmas, but looking at those photos the gussets are very noticeable, so maybe something etched might be in order including the makers plate ;)

28ten

Guv'nor
Cynric, you recall the dwgs. that I mentioned? I think that the girder construction details are in the bundle....
Yes, and I do have some for Lambourn as well ;) the photos confirm that the roof joists/rafters are 2 lots of L back to back rather than T section.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
...the photos confirm that the roof joists/rafters are 2 lots of L back to back rather than T section.
As far as I can see, the "external" sections of the roof trusses are "L-back-to-back-L" as is the lower edge of the steelwork at the bottom edge of the glazing (cannot be sure about the upper edge of this girder). The vertical member of the roof truss is also "L-back-to-back-L".

The lower edge of the steelwork under the ridge is just "L" section (cannot see enough of the upper edge to draw any conclusion there).

The diagonals in the trusses and in the longitudinal girders are a mix of "L" and flat sections.

regards, Graham

28ten

Guv'nor
A loose fit of the goods shed interior, the painting after the first coat is really rough but i quite like the effect as it is adding shadow. now to laser lots of packing cases and some tarpaulins
IMG_1099.jpg

28ten

Guv'nor
D1000 is looking superb. This is my first choice of a western.
Thank you. I have to say that out of all the Westerns i have done its my favourite, just as well as im keeping it :) From a model perspective the colour just seems to work where Maroon can be very hit and miss, of course it is spot on for a certain stabling point...I have a shot of D1ooo on the turntable somewhere and there are those shots of it in 64 with the yellow panel at Old Oak, which is what this one will represent.