Rosehearty - GNSR New Aberdour Branch

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I have only just come across this thread ~ It's strange how threads pass under the radar on this forum. The colouring is great and it is good to see grass that looks real rather than the forest and clumps of static grass that one so often sees these days. The bucolic essence of the quite branch line has been beautifully captured.

One slight downside than is easily corrected.....Your chuff-rate needs adjusting (as seen on your vid).

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
One slight downside than is easily corrected.....Your chuff-rate needs adjusting (as seen on your vid).

Quite right and well spotted Larry. If the truth be told, all four of my engines are still running on default settings. Until recently it has been too cold in the attic to spend the time setting them up, as will take me all day (at least). I love what DCC sound can bring to a layout like Rosehearty but find it one of the dark arts. I suppose we all have those jobs that you tend to put off, well CV29 is in that list for me.

Thanks for the kind comments

John

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
I have finally managed to get around to working on the scenery around the goods yard entrance. This was waiting for the signals to go in and with them fitted I got a bit more done. 0AB010A6-0F43-4E4D-A07D-B1C255721EFA.jpeg

The advantage of building the layout between trusses is that you are forced into the scene. The downside is it’s difficult to show the overall impression.
In the meantime, some photos around a sleepy wayside yard.
2C680D17-BE39-4A5C-A725-1ECFBDBF77B2.jpeg

253590C6-60C7-4340-BDFB-2B2D8783283B.jpeg

894758EA-02C6-4F2A-AAF3-B011C11C0FF2.jpeg

John

paulc

Western Thunderer
Hi John , very well done, the attention to detail is excellent. I was admiring the mortar joints between the stonework on the loading dock and thought that it looked like the joints on my real stonework , i checked and its spot on .
Cheers Paul

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
I was admiring the mortar joints between the stonework on the loading dock and thought that it looked like the joints on my real stonework , i checked and its spot on .
Cheers Paul

One of the differences with modelling the more northerly areas of Scotland is that stonework tends to be left flush finished. Unlike areas with milder climates where the stonework joints might be pointed, here any recesses that could gather water become susceptible to frost damage and are avoided. I tried a few different methods to get the combination of texture and flush finish, so many thanks for your comment, its much appreciated.

John

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
C93A058A-87A5-4C9B-82C3-D6E762CC7AA4.jpeg
Fish vans are collected from the yard at Rosehearty and added to the morning goods. They will join many others at Fraserburgh and head south overnight.

C04EE092-504B-477E-A548-E9EE69553E53.jpeg
The goods is followed (over an hour later) by the midday run to Fraserburgh.

1A9C396D-085F-4CCF-97A4-3E5BA257911A.jpeg
Having dropped its goods train at Fraserburgh the R Class then runs the afternoon branch services. Two rounds trips, usually with a single non-corridor in tow, as seen here with a Gresley brake composite still in LNER livery.

BB58207E-E813-4915-A0B9-25E367A00A3F.jpeg

John