Rosehearty - GNSR New Aberdour Branch

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
Now that the snow is on and its too cold to be spending too long in the attic, I thought I would share some 'period' shots of Rosehearty.

P1015993.JPG
A general view looking over the end of the goods sidings towards the station building.

P1016019.JPG
A D40 works the branch passenger to New Aberdour.

IMG_4764.jpeg
With the growth of Fraserburgh and Peterhead the local harbours no longer require many fish vans to handle the traffic. This one will work into Fraserburgh in time to meet a connection to Aberdeen, from where it will head to the markets in England.

P1016063.JPG
As the driver checks all is well over the level crossing the D40 returns with the local service for Fraserburgh.

John

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
That colour shot above is beautiful. The colouring of everything is just right especially the coaches. The brown teak is a delight.
Thank you Larry. Much appreciated from the coaching stock guru. I was going for the "survived a long time without a repaint" look and to contrast it with the bright, new, British Railways image.

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
Many thanks all for the kind and encouraging feedback. Here are a few more photos taken during a recent running session.

AAA167B9-73DF-4C59-934D-3B551D6BA690.jpeg
The early afternoon train from New Aberdour calls at the station. Through the middle of the day the service is provided by a single coach.

2F51BF1B-1271-4816-A865-D669E6B2D844.jpeg

96B74F7D-5D32-4DA6-837A-0E7EE23C464E.jpeg
This is the afternoon pick-up working the yard. It’s actually dropping off, 2 LNER fish vans that will be in place for tomorrow morning’s landing.

F6F75CDD-55BF-4291-B8FA-DF209EB55176.jpeg
Work completed. Loaded coal wagons in for the merchants and empty fish vans for the local boats. The vans will be collected in the morning and the empty coal wagons, well, who knows?

John

David Waite

Western Thunderer
Hi John
You have built a lovely layout I thoroughly enjoyed all your photos.
Question: What is the brown dirt/gravel surface that you have used in the yard area?
David.

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
Hi John
You have built a lovely layout I thoroughly enjoyed all your photos.
Question: What is the brown dirt/gravel surface that you have used in the yard area?
David.
Thank you for your kind comments David, I am pleaded you like the layout.

The ground cover is made from the our local farming soil. It is extremely fine grained and much sought after for crop production. I'm sure they won't miss the little I have taken. I dried it thoroughly until it was almost a dust and then applied it with a wet PVA to form a slurry, which in turn was tamped down causing the the finest element to float to the surface. This was particularly good for getting it to settle between the sleepers.

Cheers

John

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Hi John
That's what I call resourceful! The 5 plank wagon is amazing, very worn out.
Never tire of seeing this layout..
Thank you for sharing
All the best
Julian