Scale7 JB Workbench.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Unfortunately need to have a re-jig on the injectors of the goods engine. Turns out the injectors were moved to the normal position in around '43.

Which also means that the sand boxes that were moved to the cab won't be present..... as I used them to make some brackets on another part of the engine! :headbang:

JB.

martin1

yep,
I have a couple of drawings and photos somewhere,is that a 4125 gallon self trimming tender?I also have a works cab fitting GA drawing for the Z class NER atlantic if of use.
Martin

FiftyFourA

Western Thunderer
I have some pictures of the J27 tender (before we had to build a new tender tank) but it is the 3038 gallon tender. Is yours that one or the 4125 gallon tender? I may have some of that one as well as we (NELPG) own the Q6 as well.

I also have the Isinglass drawings for both, so if you let me know which one it is I will put some details together. It may be a big file so send me a PM.

Peter

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Hi chaps, and thanks to all for the offers in advance!!

If I'm honest I have no idea which tender it is, it's the one that came with the kit to go behind the GE Thomson B2. Only thing I can say without checking the Yeadons later is that it had the oval cutouts in the frames rather than the round top flat bottom hole if that makes sense.

JB.

FiftyFourA

Western Thunderer
JB,

The oval cutouts (rather than the D shaped ones) tended to be post Grouping for saturated locos. I am building one at the moment for my 3rd J27, so if you, or anyone with a relevant Yeadon, can find out which one it is I can get some info. Sadly, that is one of the Yeadons I dont have.

Peter

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
JB,
Just had a look at the RCTS Green Book. 7 of the 10 had NER tenders taken from C7s, they are 61603/07/14/16/17/39/44. Within the C7 tenders there are variations such a coal rails and hand rails. This really is a situation where a specific loco needs to be modelled or perhaps identify which tender is represented by the kit and go with that loco. Then off to the Yeadons where there is, I think, a photo of each.
atb Tim

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks Tim.

I think I might be going with Earlham Hall. Quite like that it has a massive great Westo pump stuck on the side of the smokebox.

JB.

martin1

raven tender.jpg JB,
I believe that is a 4125 gallon tender by the look of the layout on top and oval cutouts,I do have a drawing for that,I will see if I can scan it and post it.
Ah that worked,hope it helps,

Martin

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Martin, that's brilliant! Thanks!

Would it be possible to send the hires to my personal email address? Any file size will be fine.

JB.