Scale7 JB Workbench.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I remember Adrian Marks talking about using washing up liquid years ago.

He said the same with regard to Lanolin, but with the caveat that Alan Brackenborough used washing up liquid, and he seemed to do okay!

JB.

simond

Western Thunderer
try to avoid the Shiny Sinks stuff.

Curious, I've always used Shiny Sinks and have always thought it was very good. It seems to rinse off ok, but to be fair, I generally give the model a scrub with an old toothbrush & Shiny Sinks, rinse in hot water, and then bung it in the ultrasonic bath for five minutes.

Best
Simon

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I have a few days stuck at home next week, so just ordered a set of wheels from Slaters for the next loco build..

Watch this space.

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I'd like a J17, and a couple of of J15's. I have a J15 kit in the pile which will have a tender cab, but I think I might try something a little different on the next one.

Fancy doing a larger engine for a change after all these tanks.. This one has wheels the same size as an A1/3..

JB.

AJC

Western Thunderer
Oh, one of those - some good East Anglian names on that class, and Man City... One of the reasons I have a soft spot for these is that I sat my last university exam in Earlham Hall (part of the UEA campus in Norwich).

Adam