Telford

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Other than that, anything that has tinkled to the bottom of the bargain bucket that everyone else has looked at and discarded with disgust, while I have the misguided belief that I will make something of it will do me just fine, thank you very much.
.......unless of course they are already in a carrier bag in the hand of yours truly of course :D......... I don't rate your chances of coming across a Heljan 47 shell though :(

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
What is on your Telford shopping lists?

For the first time ever, I'm going to be looking at coaches. Or coach kits, anyway.
but I need a little help here, please guys . . .

Easybuild is a possibility, but may be a little modern (and will they have any stock left by the time I get there on Sunday?), Westdale seems . . . more work, somehow. . . . Roxy don't have anything that interests me (I've looked), and Blacksmith Models are a real possibility - they are already on my hit list.

But who else should I be looking at, please?

Ian

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
But who else should I be looking at, please?

Ian
I assume you are looking for MK1's then Ian ?.....if so I would go for Easybuild's at £100 a go, they look much better with the new etch windows IMO, the only downside to them is you need to buy interiors.
The only other alternatives I can think of are JLTRT (expensive & the window frames don't look too good) or Brassworks RTR (need extra detail)

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Anyone know what the score with parking is at the TIC this year? I've heard conflicting rumours that you'll either have to pay or it's free,

Mark

daifly

Western Thunderer
Since the parking is controlled by the Exhibition Centre it is surely unlikely that the parking will be anything other than the usual £3.50? With c1200 parking spaces they're not going to give up £8000 of revenue for the weekend. Would you? Someone is dreaming, I suspect!

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
£3.50? I'm sure it was £5 the year before last. I'm not sure about last year, as the car park was full, we parked in the council car park just up the road and paid £3 to park all day.

Bill P

There is a small Council car park a bit further up than the exhibition car park, fills up quickly (and early) and last year was free on Sunday's, read the notice before you start feeding the machine!
Bill

daifly

Western Thunderer
Sadly, I'm definitely not going this year, the attraction of a beer festival on a station proved to be too great!
Beer I can drink any time. Telford happens but once a year and the local pubs also sell beer anyway - at least I hope so - I'm staying in one!

djparkins

Western Thunderer
I assume you are looking for MK1's then Ian ?.....if so I would go for Easybuild's at £100 a go, they look much better with the new etch windows IMO, the only downside to them is you need to buy interiors.
The only other alternatives I can think of are JLTRT (expensive & the window frames don't look too good) or Brassworks RTR (need extra detail)

Phil

Surely we might deserve a mention when it comes to Mk.1s!!!

Regards,

DJP/MMP