Trade Titfield Thunderbolt News

adrian

Flying Squad
New Shop

Captain Kernow said:
If this is the kind of merchandise that's for sale, then sorry, my credit card is staying in my wallet!!  ;D ;D

Caption competition, anyone?!

Preiser Figures launch their new range - half scale (1:2) railway figures available here!

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
New Shop

A few more photos from Saturday...

Getting more crowded...

Attachments

• IMG_9518.jpg
    IMG_9518.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_9521.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9527.jpg
    IMG_9527.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 108

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
New Shop

This one might be another caption competition.... :D

Attachments

• IMG_9530.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9533.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9548.jpg
    IMG_9548.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 106

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
New Shop

The Guv in full flow with Purple Haze (left) and Steph Dale (right):

Attachments

• IMG_9554.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9549.jpg
    IMG_9549.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 109

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
New Shop

Neil had brought a newly scratchbuilt narrow gauge train pack with him:

Attachments

• IMG_9546.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9545.jpg
    IMG_9545.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 106

bogusman

Western Thunderer
New Shop

Hi Simon
Sorry I could not make Saturday but I will be down before crimbo as I have a list for Santa, also my wife likes Bath for shopping so it will be the family en mass.

Pete 

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
New Shop

iploffy said:
No offence to Jordan or any one else who comes from Telford but it's not on anybodies approval rating including the better half as she lived there for 10 years.
?? ?? ?? I don't come from Telford..?? :vista: :shit: ... unless I'm returning from Guildex once a year.... :))

P.S. Let me know when the shop starts stocking Dark Side books... Mid-Western Granger 'Roads especially... ;)

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
New Shop

On a slightly more serious note, it was a cracking weekend.  :)  Was good to meet a lot of new people and put some faces to names, just a shame that there wasn't enough time to talk to everybody properly. There were some lovely models around by the 'Thunderers', Guv's tanker is something else....

Shell Island looked fantastic

Attachments

• Shell Island.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Shell Island G1 Van.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 12

Simon

Flying Squad
New Shop

Hi Tim and all

Encouraging, I think.

It has been very quiet in the week, with a couple of "nil points" situations, but the general level of interest, odd orders and today's result I think allow for cautious optimism.

I just need to keep my nerve and keep developing it on all fronts. The main display unit on the other side of the shop is now well under way and I think I need to expand my model railway offering. I suspect this should include some "starter" train set options, for which there would appear to be a definite demand, ie a retail answer to the "have interested child, where do I start?" questions, of which there have been a couple.

Phone and broadband ordered so I will soon be able to phone from the shop, not being able to is a distinct handicap :headbang:

George still inputting titles onto system, scanner seems to have settled down.

Off to Warley tomorrow (helping operating "World's End Quay") so will hopefully make a few useful contacts.

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
New Shop

Thanks for continuing positive comments! Project new shop continues, currently held slightly back by DHL "downing tools" but I'm sure deliveries will resume soon :mad:

A question if I may.

I have a Peco (and Slaters) account and want to branch out a bit into model railway "stuff" in the shop. 4mm-wise I feel that I know pretty much where I am going with this and I will also have a bit of G1, but the thing I'm less sure about is O gauge.

From comments and questions received in the shop there appears to be a fairly strong 7mm interest, and I am trying to work out what it would be best to start out with (stockwise). Needless to say funds are limited for this stock expansion, but I think I can afford a modest but hopefully significant stock.

It strikes me that a good thing to start with would be wagon kits, two thoughts that occur to me are the very nice Webster designed GW mink that Peco produce and the fairly new coal hopper wagon from Parkside Dundas. There is also track, I guess I ought to  invest in a carton of bullhead and a few rail built buffer stops for starters.

Given that there are a lot of you 7mm chaps on here, what do you think would make a good opening range?

Hopefully the business will grow and product lines with it in due course, but I am very interested to hear what might best tempt sales in the first instance.

I do not see myself (ever) stocking expensive locomotives or ready to run, likewise for 4mm, but as I say, all comments and thoughts would be very welcome.

Simon

Neil

Western Thunderer
New Shop

If you're going to stock kits and bits, then I'd say that some of the cross scale basics, craft knives, blades, glue and maybe paint would be a good idea. Not only would they complement the kits but they're the sort of thing one might pop to the shop for on a regular basis thereby enabling you to work your Arkwright like charm and top up the list with books, lengths of track, cards and anything else the unsuspecting and suggestible didn't realise they wanted.

28ten

Guv'nor
New Shop

I tend to agree with Neil, what about paints, plastikard etc things that will shift. I have a feeling that you could tie up a lot of cash with kits and stock that would be slow to move.

marsa69

Western Thunderer
New Shop

I'd suggest pretty much the same including sheets of plastikard and brass rod. A few Slaters or Parkside wagons especially GWR/WR considering where you are. Track gauges would be another and I know a man who knows a man that can make some excellent roller gauges from scratch. He would probably be able to do a sideline for you  :))

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
New Shop

I am inclined to agree get the materials in and get the kits to order dont forget that O gauge fans arn't really in that much of a rush to get things, reliable and at a good price.

Ian

S

Simon Dunkley

New Shop

28ten said:
I tend to agree with Neil, what about paints, plastikard etc things that will shift. I have a feeling that you could tie up a lot of cash with kits and stock that would be slow to move.
Preferably Evergreen, Simon, plus those useful Plastruct 0.8mm hex sections we use for boltheads on BR wagons!