1/32 Workbench

Discussion in 'WR Action' started by 28ten, 30 December 2010.

1. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Here are some test cuts for simple partitions for mk1 coaches
    IMG_4534.JPG

Ill be sending them to Lancer tomorrow for trial in an Easybuild mk1. you can probably just make out some score lines where I think they will need trimming, there is also a handy half depth line for the partition center to help alignment. the partition doors look a little skinny but that isnt a problem to fix for the final version.

2. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

And tonight I have been working on the Black prince..... well a Fleur de Lys for his tunic. this is pushing the tech to the limit (the vernier is set to 6mm) etching would probably yield better results

IMG_4536.JPG

3. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

Cynric how difficult would it be to make railings

4. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

What sort? I doubt they would be that strong

5. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

With groove for holding brush.
    IMG_4543.JPG

Attached Files:

Steve Cook and D1054 like this.
  6. Dog Star

Dog Star Western Thunderer

Can those who prefer kettles (deep chrome green with brass bits) have a suitable nameplate instead of the Wezzy number?

7. D1054

D1054 Western Thunderer

What??? Like "Luckie Mucklebackit"???:eek:

8. Old Buffer

Old Buffer Western Thunderer

You beat me to it.
    The colour would have to be Apple Green though, and could us 51ers pick our own nameplates, something like "Great Eastern or Great Northern".
    But I'm undecided, which name off one of the V2's, 60809 or 60835.
    Alan

9. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Yes:) although numbers are better as the plates are a little small

10. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

If you have an LNER oval thingy then I could wack it in illustrator, vectorise it, save it as a dxf, do an edit in autocad and send it to the laser.
    I want some scrap for the yard so I have been plating around cutting handwheels, just needs a bit of rust now.
    IMG_4546.JPG

11. Old Buffer

Old Buffer Western Thunderer

Guv,
    Being a neandathol, you lost me after "then I could wack it in", and I haven't got an LNER oval thingy either.
    Alan

12. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

:cool: well if anybody has one of these
    lner logo1.jpg at decent resolution or even better as a vector I can do something with it, same goes for any other company

13. Steph Dale

Steph Dale Western Thunderer

Hehe, I can do you a full-size scan of a Halle worksplate for the Mek bottle stand I shall undoubtedly order... :p

I could do with some decent hand wheels for the crane; the LSWR ones had large curved-spoke brake handwheels on their jib runners. Although I s'pose I could go for etching. :confused:

Steph

14. marsa69

marsa69 Western Thunderer

If it's a kettle surely a simple 'on/off' would suffice? ;):D

Jordan and Rob Pulham like this.
  15. Rob Pulham

Rob Pulham Western Thunderer

How about something like this - without the rebuilt bit in the middle?

wp_lner_1789_v.jpg

16. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Rob, only just seen that :oops: could be a little tricky unless I reversed it - ie engraved the lettering if I get time ill have a look tomorrow

Tonight I have mainly been doing lots of things - sanding a Western, painting cabs, test spraying some new camo colours and prepping the the old Matilda.... wheres the 1/32 stuff??
    IMG_4570.JPG

17. Rob Pulham

Sorry no broadband for 3 days :headbang::rant:reversed wouldn't be a problem - I couldn't find a good enough resolution LNER logo - as I would prefer that:)

18. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Nothing on the LNER forum? even a scan would do because I can vectorise it

19. Rob Pulham

I can probably scan the front cover of LNER Wagons, that has the logo on - I will give it a whirl and see what I can do.

20. Phill Dyson

Phill Dyson Western Thunderer

What the Westerns identity & livery ? :)