1/32 Workbench

28ten

Guv'nor
Here are some test cuts for simple partitions for mk1 coaches
IMG_4534.JPG

Ill be sending them to Lancer tomorrow for trial in an Easybuild mk1. you can probably just make out some score lines where I think they will need trimming, there is also a handy half depth line for the partition center to help alignment. the partition doors look a little skinny but that isnt a problem to fix for the final version.

28ten

Guv'nor
And tonight I have been working on the Black prince..... well a Fleur de Lys for his tunic. this is pushing the tech to the limit (the vernier is set to 6mm) etching would probably yield better results

IMG_4536.JPG

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Can those who prefer kettles (deep chrome green with brass bits) have a suitable nameplate instead of the Wezzy number?
You beat me to it.
The colour would have to be Apple Green though, and could us 51ers pick our own nameplates, something like "Great Eastern or Great Northern".
But I'm undecided, which name off one of the V2's, 60809 or 60835.
Alan

28ten

Guv'nor
You beat me to it.
The colour would have to be Apple Green though, and could us 51ers pick our own nameplates, something like "Great Eastern or Great Northern".
But I'm undecided, which name off one of the V2's, 60809 or 60835.
Alan
If you have an LNER oval thingy then I could wack it in illustrator, vectorise it, save it as a dxf, do an edit in autocad and send it to the laser.
I want some scrap for the yard so I have been plating around cutting handwheels, just needs a bit of rust now.
IMG_4546.JPG

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Guv,
Being a neandathol, you lost me after "then I could wack it in", and I haven't got an LNER oval thingy either.
Alan

28ten

Guv'nor
Guv,
Being a neandathol, you lost me after "then I could wack it in", and I haven't got an LNER oval thingy either.
Alan

:cool: well if anybody has one of these
lner logo1.jpg at decent resolution or even better as a vector I can do something with it, same goes for any other company

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Hehe, I can do you a full-size scan of a Halle worksplate for the Mek bottle stand I shall undoubtedly order... :p

I could do with some decent hand wheels for the crane; the LSWR ones had large curved-spoke brake handwheels on their jib runners. Although I s'pose I could go for etching. :confused:

Steph

28ten

Guv'nor
Rob, only just seen that :oops: could be a little tricky unless I reversed it - ie engraved the lettering if I get time ill have a look tomorrow

Tonight I have mainly been doing lots of things - sanding a Western, painting cabs, test spraying some new camo colours and prepping the the old Matilda.... wheres the 1/32 stuff??
IMG_4570.JPG

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Sorry no broadband for 3 days :headbang::rant:reversed wouldn't be a problem - I couldn't find a good enough resolution LNER logo - as I would prefer that:)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I can probably scan the front cover of LNER Wagons, that has the logo on - I will give it a whirl and see what I can do.