1/32 Workbench

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Can those who prefer kettles (deep chrome green with brass bits) have a suitable nameplate instead of the Wezzy number?
You beat me to it.
The colour would have to be Apple Green though, and could us 51ers pick our own nameplates, something like "Great Eastern or Great Northern".
But I'm undecided, which name off one of the V2's, 60809 or 60835.
Alan

28ten

Guv'nor
You beat me to it.
The colour would have to be Apple Green though, and could us 51ers pick our own nameplates, something like "Great Eastern or Great Northern".
But I'm undecided, which name off one of the V2's, 60809 or 60835.
Alan
If you have an LNER oval thingy then I could wack it in illustrator, vectorise it, save it as a dxf, do an edit in autocad and send it to the laser.
I want some scrap for the yard so I have been plating around cutting handwheels, just needs a bit of rust now.
IMG_4546.JPG

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Guv,
Being a neandathol, you lost me after "then I could wack it in", and I haven't got an LNER oval thingy either.
Alan

28ten

Guv'nor
Guv,
Being a neandathol, you lost me after "then I could wack it in", and I haven't got an LNER oval thingy either.
Alan

:cool: well if anybody has one of these
lner logo1.jpg at decent resolution or even better as a vector I can do something with it, same goes for any other company

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Hehe, I can do you a full-size scan of a Halle worksplate for the Mek bottle stand I shall undoubtedly order... :p

I could do with some decent hand wheels for the crane; the LSWR ones had large curved-spoke brake handwheels on their jib runners. Although I s'pose I could go for etching. :confused:

Steph

28ten

Guv'nor
Rob, only just seen that :oops: could be a little tricky unless I reversed it - ie engraved the lettering if I get time ill have a look tomorrow

Tonight I have mainly been doing lots of things - sanding a Western, painting cabs, test spraying some new camo colours and prepping the the old Matilda.... wheres the 1/32 stuff??
IMG_4570.JPG

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Sorry no broadband for 3 days :headbang::rant:reversed wouldn't be a problem - I couldn't find a good enough resolution LNER logo - as I would prefer that:)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I can probably scan the front cover of LNER Wagons, that has the logo on - I will give it a whirl and see what I can do.

dennis-rs

Western Thunderer
Nice work Gov How easy is it to do 1/48 brick work in a large sheet say 1mtr by 500mm
JOHN
BTW just need to get those building drawings scanned so i can send you them to have a look at

28ten

Guv'nor
I can't get 1m in my machine, but I know someone who could.....
Phill, 1000, or 1011. Hopefully I will be keeping this one

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Assuming there are no schoolboy errors :) the etch is good to go. beams, spare bolster and a CSB, it should be a straight replacement for the kit item.
View attachment 7931
Hi Cynric
Amazing, :thumbs: Thank God you up-scaled to 1/32nd, You and Simon are doing more for the Diesel modeller in this scale than G1MRA (Hence the need for our own group). I remember when I did D6331 I did not like Fred`s design for the bogie or the compensation, So I cut away all the etch that was visible and went for a fixed bogie, as Roger has allready stated this runs perfect on both Worcester rd and Rob Mabbetts layout. Now you have produced these etches I take it they will be available to purchase ? As they are the same wheel base as the Class 29, I fancy to sets for the 1x class 29 7 1x class 21 that I am currently doing.
The brick work is also excellent, looks as good as Gorden Gravitts brickwork he makes out of modelling clay.
I agree with other comment about the 16t mineral wagon, the colours look superb just needs a bit of texture, blistering, dents, scrapes, peeling paint however with so many mineral wagons and as many weathering variations the world is almost your oyster !!

I also like the accessories you are making, are these going to be available to purchase?
You will shortly have enogh items to start a little business !!! making money from your hobby cannot be a bad thing or can it ?

Cheers
for now
Mr Tiger Viking

28ten

Guv'nor
Steve
what is the cosmetic bogie mounting on the 29? is it the same as the D63? yes it will be available :) same for the tool holders. I have plenty of ideas for bits and pieces :cool: