1/32 Workbench

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Very nice design solution to enable use of the technology.

Any colour as long as it is blue... no doubt some of that persuasion will provide you with details of which company painted their pallets in blue in the 1960s.

AdamF

Western Thunderer
Wow :thumbs: Really inspiring work - the design of the build is as impressive as the results!

1/32? Hmmmmm... No! Must remain strong :confused:

28ten

Guv'nor
Thanks chaps. I shall be doing some in 1/35 and if thin ply proves acceptable then in 7mm as well. it took me less that two minutes to assemble and trim them, so doing 20 or 30 wouldn't be too much of a chore. The payoff with wood is the distressing effects. The next thing is some packing crates.....

IMG_4669.JPG

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I am not sure when pallets were first used in this country - someone will pop up with the answer.....

However, packing cases, now there is something to get excited over. Or to be more precise, those cases of commodities which got stored in railway warehouses. Cadbury (other chocolate is available), margarine (sunflower is available) and others which can be seen in railway official photographs.

Cynric, what chance that you have the technology to create, in 7mm, the "branding" which was carried on those wooden crates and cases?

regards, Graham

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
I am not sure when pallets were first used in this country - someone will pop up with the answer.....

However, packing cases, now there is something to get excited over. Or to be more precise, those cases of commodities which got stored in railway warehouses. Cadbury (other chocolate is available), margarine (sunflower is available) and others which can be seen in railway official photographs.

Cynric, what chance that you have the technology to create, in 7mm, the "branding" which was carried on those wooden crates and cases?

regards, Graham

Don't forget the good old thin plywood tea chests with the sculpured metal corners, can't remember the size though. I think they were about a 2' cube
Alan

28ten

Guv'nor
It depends on the size :) ! assume that it was applied like a cowboy branding a horse? can you point me in the direction of any examples ( i have most of the usual GWR books)

28ten

Guv'nor

regards, Graham
I have just done some text 1mm high so yes I probably can
IMG_4671.JPG

28ten

Guv'nor
All I can say at the moment is that there will be corridor partitions for Easybuild and Lima Mk1 coaches and some unique scenic texture sheets, some test pieces can be seen below. Pallets look like a good idea ( I could do any size) once some suitable material for the cross pieces has been sourced. I can do glazing for anything given accurate dimensions :) A website will appear in due course, but im still in 'new product development phase' (management talk for mucking about :)) )
Oh and some desk tidy type things, There are lots of other things im working on but there are just not enough hours in a day

IMG_4672.JPG

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Nice bit of wood distressing there Guv, looks very 'damp'.
There never have, and never will be enough hours in the day - its a sod isn't it :(