Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Washed out green for the walls - I’m thinking the colour of HV wiring towers/pylons?.

Yes I think there's a green tint to the end wall and in reasonable condition. The front left wall looks very rusty. The strip over the main door looks new. Can't see much else other than reddy-brown doors...

Last edited:

Peter Insole

Western Thunderer
Chris, I do wonder whether the faint green shades are the very faded remnants of Southern Railway, Green No.3A?

According to the Southern/BR(S) schemes, all corrugated steel structures "within station limits" should have been painted thus:

southern xpaint_kirtley5905261618_eb106cd2f4_b.jpg

(This image has been published elsewhere, but is shown here for illustrative purposes only)

The "reddy-brown" shown on the doors in the colour image you posted is almost certainly the later, Western Region, ("usurpers") standard "Brown and Cream" applied as a repair and patch job!

Regards,

Pete.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Chris, I do wonder whether the faint green shades are the very faded remnants of Southern Railway, Green No.3A?

According to the Southern/BR(S) schemes, all corrugated steel structures "within station limits" should have been painted thus:

View attachment 201036

(This image has been published elsewhere, but is shown here for illustrative purposes only)

The "reddy-brown" shown on the doors in the colour image you posted is almost certainly the later, Western Region, ("usurpers") standard "Brown and Cream" applied as a repair and patch job!

Regards,

Pete.

That's an interesting thought Pete, I've got the sheet you posted and had forgotten about it. I might just paint it green and fade it backwards just to make it look different to the adjacent building. I can happily do that as I'm only building a layout inspired by Bodmin North.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Wonderful structures emulating the additional buildings so often found in goods yards. I've been looking for a source of printed BOC etc signs for sticking on a buildings storing farm animal foods and wondered if you had?

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Wonderful structures emulating the additional buildings so often found in goods yards. I've been looking for a source of printed BOC etc signs for sticking on a buildings storing farm animal foods and wondered if you had?

Hi Larry, must admit I haven't looked yet but I'll certainly need some feed signs etc for when the layout is detailed.

Paul Tomlinson

Western Thunderer

Larry, Chris, The feed signs as pasted onto van sides are available in both 4mm and 7mm from Sankey Scenics and Wizard Models (Hollar Models) if that's any use.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer

View attachment 201036

Regards,

Pete.

I think the suggestion of a faded green was spot on @Peter Insole, really suits the building.