Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Chris I really like the way you have captured the look of the painted corrugated steel, Also nice work on the stone and the mossy colour along the bottom.
Michael
Thanks Michael, appreciated. The green band will have to be about 5mm higher as the base of the building will be buried in road and ballast

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Your buildings are wonderfully well weathered Chris!

There are some great pictures of weathered corrugated steel here:

Peter

Nice pictures. It's lovely stuff crinkly tin, great to bash up and make look old and knackered in model form.

IMG_20231118_175504~2.jpg

Not much of the original green left!

Len Cattley

Western Thunderer
We were near Sucina if that helps Len?
That's funny we were in a village near Sucina called La Tercia. We stayed till October this year. We moved out to Murcia in 2018 when I could move around, but this year we had to move back to the UK this year as my health got worse, we miss the sunshine. Though.

Len

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
That's funny we were in a village near Sucina called La Tercia. We stayed till October this year. We moved out to Murcia in 2018 when I could move around, but this year we had to move back to the UK this year as my health got worse, we miss the sunshine. Though.

Len

Small world, I had lunch at the Teleclub on Tuesday!

simond

Western Thunderer
I’d go one further, I’d bet that it’s not a locomotive engine, it’s a stationary one, a moveable source of power.

If it were a traction engine, it would have a drive to the wheels, segs or tyres, and a steering chain & wheel.

And somewhere for the driver to sit or stand, so he didn’t have to run after it…

And a tow hitch!

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Lovely work Chris. I suspect you have already told us but whose corrugated sheets do you use?

Thanks Alan,

Yes, but no problem repeating.

The roofing is Wills corrugated asbestos sheet but lots of work on the edges to thin them down from the armour plating thickness.

The walls are corrugated sheet from Slaters with bolt heads pushed through from the other side with a sharp point.

Wills sheets ...
IMG_20231028_155641.jpg

IMG_20231028_155714.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
The corrugated buildings really look the part and you've worked wonders with Wills sheet.

If your thread has done one positive thing, it has got me building an extra yard store for farm foods. It's why I changed direction with the goods shed and built a replacement so I could have a second building.

Last edited: