4mm Llanfair ....

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
Thanks Larry, I had been told to use a "Fast Grab PVA", but I couldn't really find anything that fitted. UHU sounds familiar enough.
Martin

simond

Western Thunderer
Martin,

I have used the exterior grade evostik pva (blue bottle) for all my laser cut buildings

Hth
Simon

LarryG

Western Thunderer
In order to gain access to the interior to fit glazing etc, only part of the floor is fitted, basically to prevent the walls from bowing...

WEB Station new 8.jpg

Alterations during construction included shortening the length of the end waiting room and bricking-in the roadside entrance. The back of the building will be private with a small courtyard and a lean-to kitchen on the station masters house. Further work cannot proceed until the kitchen arrives....
WEB Station new 8B.jpg

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Larry.
There appears to be a plain, gable end shaped area on the LH wing, presumably where you've moved the centre section back to make room for the outbuilding? Are you going to be able to blend it in with the brick pattern on the remainder of the walls?
Dave.

paulc

Western Thunderer
Larry.
There appears to be a plain, gable end shaped area on the LH wing, presumably where you've moved the centre section back to make room for the outbuilding? Are you going to be able to blend it in with the brick pattern on the remainder of the walls?
Dave.
Hi Dave , Larry has chopped and channeled so many of these kits that I'm sure he has a method but its funny that you and i both picked up on that section of wall .

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Larry.
Dave.
It's covered haha....... I wasn't going to say anything, but roofing slate weathering is intended. Happened on several stations on the Cambrian section.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
The utterly drab wall tiling reminds me of growing up in the industrial town of Oldham, On top of that, the whole thing is so darned untidy in the cold light of day. So I'm not sure what to do at the moment. Some pieces of laser cut roofing produced by Intentio might come in useful if I wreck the wall while removing the paper slates...

WEB Station new 11A.jpg

Paul Tomlinson

Western Thunderer
The utterly drab wall tiling reminds me of growing up in the industrial town of Oldham, On top of that, the whole thing is so darned untidy in the cold light of day. So I'm not sure what to do at the moment. Some pieces of laser cut roofing produced by Intentio might come in useful if I wreck the wall while removing the paper slates...

View attachment 211609
Larry, how about Wills' sheet, 75mm high x 130mm wide?
(or another supplier if there's a better alternative)
I'm thinking one with "overlap" relief built-in so you don't have to faff with individual strips. A possible issue is that it might look a different pattern to the pitched roof :-(

IMG_1725.jpeg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Larry, how about Wills' sheet, 75mm high x 130mm wide?
(or another supplier if there's a better alternative)
I'm thinking one with "overlap" relief built-in so you don't have to faff with individual strips. A possible issue is that it might look a different pattern to the pitched roof :-(

View attachment 211610
Hi, I have the Wills sheet but the problem is its thickness. The Intentio slates are on thin card so i have been busy cutting things to fit.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Job done! The slates were chiselled off and replaced by the Intentio 'sheet'. I'm really pleased with these, and it occurs to me a large sheet of these would be very useful IMO and really speed up the process of adding roof slates. However, there might be the question of "expensive to laser cut"...

WEB Station new 11B.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Another hold up. I am not sure of those chimney stacks now, as they look too low. Some 3D replacements have been ordered to go on top of the roof...
WEB Station new 12D.jpg
Al the fittings sprayed and matted ready for fitting...

WEB Station new 12E.jpg

The repaired roof after removing the two chimney stacks. Actually it is a brandnew roof...!
WEB Station new 13.jpg

Last edited: