4mm Llanfair ....

LarryG

Western Thunderer
The track needs to be sprayed with Howes Sleeper Grime to make an impression on the baseboard, then glued & ballasted down in convenient sections. I didn't have a catchpoint for the coal siding, so a point was used. Empty coal wagons could be pushed by hand into that short stub.....
WEB Track new 3A.jpg

Update : Bullhead track with flat bottom points below. All flat-bottom in picture above. Sprayed Howes Sleeper Grime....
WEB Track new 4A.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
The two sunny days we had at the beginning of the week were too hot for gluing down track using the glue & ballast in one go method. Since then, we've had more than a months rainfall in two days in North Wales. I've noticed water on the railway baseboard via a split roofing board, but there is no chance of investigation yet.

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
I've just done a test area using Ballast Magic. This is a powdered glue you mix with the ballast and set off with a mist of water. My result wasn't strong enough for a permanent installation, but it was strong enough to stay put while I added a dribble of diluted pva. The result has set rock hard so good for a siding, less so for a main line.