Brian Daniels diesel workbench

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
This is a class 122 pre-production model that for some reason I had the urge to make into the route learner I went on a couple of times when it was based in Reading.
That extra middle screen wiper really stands out - a small detail but makes the model clearly different to the usual common or garden DMU, doesn't it?!! :thumbs:
The HJ glazing looks good, too, rather less 'prismatic' than the Dapol one.

JasonD

Western Thunderer
Talking of old b***ers the buffer-heads on the 48DS need those blobs of heavy use in their centres and you could have asked the van driver to move so we could see that hopper-car better ... what am I saying? ... this is just another of your model pics isn't it. Isn't it?
Jason

Brian Daniels

Western Thunderer
The 48DS tempts me quite a lot. Was wondering whether you’d care to share which parts you used to fit DCC to it and was there any major work required to do so?
Thanks,
Andrew

It's a plug in Next 18 chip. Model comes with a factory fitted speaker in the rad grill and it's surprisingly good. The stay alive is positioned in the corner of the cab, you can barely see it.

Thanks Brian. Good t
It's a plug in Next 18 chip. Model comes with a factory fitted speaker in the rad grill and it's surprisingly good. The stay alive is positioned in the corner of the cab, you can barely see
Thanks Brian, that’s good to know. Have yet to fit my own DCC to a loco so this looks like it could be a good one to start me on.

Cheers
Andrew

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I truly believe this focus stacking is great and of huge value to the photographing of models. However, please don't overdo it. We physically see on a single plane and anything in the foreground or background goes out of focus. If everything in a model photo from every blade of grass in the foreground to all the lettering on every wagon in the background is perfectly reproduced it fails for me.

Brian

Brian Daniels

Western Thunderer
I truly believe this focus stacking is great and of huge value to the photographing of models. However, please don't overdo it. We physically see on a single plane and anything in the foreground or background goes out of focus. If everything in a model photo from every blade of grass in the foreground to all the lettering on every wagon in the background is perfectly reproduced it fails for me.

Brian
I know what you mean but it's a new toy so got to play with it to see what it and me can do.