Magazine MRJ Thread

Discussion in 'Resources' started by 28ten, 26 April 2010.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley Western Thunderer

Thanks CME, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

CME & Bottlewasher likes this.
  2. Dikitriki

Dikitriki Flying Squad

I have just received MRJ 227, and I have to say it looks a cracking issue. Surely something for everyone:

Tucking Mill
    Pugsley's 37
    7mm turnout construction
    Sheeted Loads
    Nottingham Goods Depot in 4mm

And just for me, an ad for a new magazine - LMS review magazine - for prototype and model inspirations.

Something to look forward to later.

Richard

CME & Bottlewasher likes this.
  3. Heather Kay

Heather Kay Western Thunderer

Mine turned up, too. The sheeted loads article looks very interesting, as does the ad for the new profile for the LMS diesel-electrics. I think an order might be made for a copy.

4. Simon

Simon Flying Squad

Apologies, this isn't going to be very informative (234 is out, it's very good) but for those who haven't already seen it over on RMweb user "Arthur" (I don't know his real name) has created a minor work of genius around the main theme of the thread about the current issue, just take a look at this

Simon

5. Neil

Neil Western Thunderer

Bloody brilliant, do you tube do Oscars?

6. Heather Kay

That is superb. Thank you for linking!

7. Scale7JB

Scale7JB Western Thunderer

It's beyond brilliant!

JB.

8. mickoo

mickoo Western Thunderer

Saw it the other day, just excellent, as is the older Ryan air rant from the same clip.

9. iak63

iak63 Western Thunderer

This thread has been the source of considerable chuckles but that clip is genius.

10. Osgood

Osgood Western Thunderer

I believe the first version (at one time banned by Youtube?) was Hitler gets banned from Sony Playstation Online - which contained the immortal line, following his revelation that he was only left with Superf******gMario for entertainment, of: "I mean how much fun can you have with a Belgian plumber". I must admit this MRJ version runs a very close 2nd!

11. oldravendale

oldravendale Western Thunderer

Absolutely agree. I love people who can take the p155 out of the hobby!:)

12. Osgood

Osgood Western Thunderer

Don't you mean the P4?

13. oldravendale

oldravendale Western Thunderer

Sorry, slip of the fat fingers.:p

14. ZiderHead

ZiderHead Western Thunderer

15. Ressaldar

Ressaldar Western Thunderer

Having watched that clip, I'm more than set up for the day - I'll even finish off the decorating:eek: before going into the workshop:)) - well done that man:thumbs::thumbs:

cheers

Mike

16. SimonT

SimonT Western Thunderer

Fantastic, I've just sent a copy of the link to a load of folk who don't visit here.

Simon

17. Heather Kay

Postie just delivered this.

image.jpg

From the "in this issue" blurb, you'd be forgiven for thinking the D6300 on the cover is 2mm scale. It's not. It's our very own Simon Castens', and there's an article about 1/32nd scale modelling inside. :thumbs:

18. Captain Kernow

Captain Kernow Western Thunderer

Never seen it before in me life, Guv! :p

19. Captain Kernow

Captain Kernow Western Thunderer

Seriously - well done Jerry for a super, classic edition.

20. Buckjumper

Buckjumper Flying Squad

I picked up my copy from Peter Hunt's Den of Iniquity yesterday. Photos of diesels running in the snow on garden lines in Railway Modeller really fired my imagination in the late 70s and the cover brought it all back :thumbs:

I've only had a chance for a quick skim through so far, but already it looks like it's going to be one of those memorable issues. Well done Jerry!

7mmMick likes this.