4mm Polsarrett: BR(S) N Cornwall Clay, The Final Countdown

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hells bells Chris, thank goodness that the car came off worse than you and that can easily be repaired. Just go steady on the brandy.

best wishes

Mike

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Bad luck indeed, Chris, but good news that you are, all things considered, OK. Despite predictions I hope you suffer no after effects apart from those you have already experienced.

Brian

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Crikey! ( not the first word that I typed)

The most important thing is that you are okay albeit probably aching like nothing else this morning.

It's bad enough but no doubts it could have been a lot worse.

Rob.

Andy P

Western Thunderer
Glad your O.K. Chris, that's the first concern, the Car is repairable or scrapped, but the body takes longer to heal. I hope they throw the book at her.
All the best.
A.

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Without sounding to "down with the kids" OMG. Very lucky to walk away. My old flying instructor always said any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.
Remember now you have a good excuse not to do any house works etc. All those jobs which you were going to have to do can be put off a little longer.
And now you can find a car that might fit the layout in better and she will have to pay.

Marc

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Thanks all, all the kind thoughts are much appreciated. Was doing ok but the bruises are really starting to come out now. I feel like a crash test dummy!

Nick C

Western Thunderer
Ouch, that looks nasty, and could easily have been so much worse! Glad you're OK, and that you've got a reliable witness!

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Threads passing under the radar again, so I missed this. Anyway, I wish you well with recovery, as I know from my own r.t.a that impact damage comes to light later. Thanks to police dashcams, I wonder if your event will eventually appear on TV or YouTube...

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Threads passing under the radar again, so I missed this. Anyway, I wish you well with recovery, as I know from my own r.t.a that impact damage comes to light later. Thanks to police dashcams, I wonder if your event will eventually appear on TV or YouTube...

You'd think that the police being part of the incident and a witness would mean all the paperwork would be quick and easy... But 3 days in and unbelievably the insurance company is still not sure if the other party was at fault.

Why? Because the police at the scene were night shift. The insurance assessors work office hours. Never the twain shall meet. That means the assessors still don't have the police statement confirming fault.

Apparently photos showing the other party's car on the wrong side of the road, embedded in the front of mine are not sufficient. Oh well. Looks like I'll be working from home on Monday... Every cloud etc.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris, It's how it works unbelievably. The police will read you the usual riot act before you make a statement.

Nick Rogers

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris, I'm so sorry I missed this. I hope you are alright. Accidents are horrible at the best of times but a head-on collision is even worse.

All the best,

Nick.

King Crab

Western Thunderer
You'd think that the police being part of the incident and a witness would mean all the paperwork would be quick and easy... But 3 days in and unbelievably the insurance company is still not sure if the other party was at fault.

Why? Because the police at the scene were night shift. The insurance assessors work office hours. Never the twain shall meet. That means the assessors still don't have the police statement confirming fault.

Apparently photos showing the other party's car on the wrong side of the road, embedded in the front of mine are not sufficient. Oh well. Looks like I'll be working from home on Monday... Every cloud etc.

I'll add my commiserations, and good wishes for a complete recovery.

My experience has always been that it doesn't matter how much in the right you are, the story always gets twisted around, and not in your favour. No matter how decent, honest and totally at fault the person in the other vehicle appears, it never seems to help.

I was once sitting in my car parked by the side of the road, doing some map reading . A car came in the other direction and for some reason I looked up. The guy seemed to be fishing around on the floor of his vehicle as if he had dropped something. Anyway he side swiped me, and took off my mirror. He stopped, got out, looked at the scratches on his car, looked at the damage to mine, then said he was so sorry, really it was all his fault..... He offered me twenty quid for the damage, and no insurance companies to be involved. I said no way, give me your insurance details, let them sort it properly.

Of course after he got home, discussed it with the guys in the pub, or whatever, he decided to change his tune. When he made his statement to his insurance company, apparently I drove into him! Eventually, as there was only my word against his, the insurance companies settled to a fifty fifty split of all the damage.......so we had to pay for his car to be fixed and resprayed.....

Peter

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
That's why it's worth having a dash cam these days - I fitted them to both our cars after one of my wife's colleagues got hit by one of those cash for crash scams.

I was contemplating getting a dash cam but this incident has made up my mind.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris,

A bit late to this party, but I hope that you are getting over the worst of the physical damage, now.

The paperwork for these incidents tends to drag on for ages, before the insurance companies decide to cough up. At least it would seem that the guilty party has insurance, which is a plus point, in your favour.

The downside now is that you will be at the mercy of all those ambulance chasers for the next few years. I just ask them if they can give me the details of the accident so that I can make a claim, they soon hang up.