4mm & 7mm Llanfair ....

King Crab

Western Thunderer
I really hesitate to be picky about these fantastic models,
but how do you ventilate the Gents toilets?
The windows look like they are all fixed.
Maybe you could replace a pane with louvres....
Wouldn't do for it to get all stinky.:)

Peter

LarryG

Western Thunderer
You're right Peter. I was struggling with that hut from day one, but it's gone now and the Gentlemen's toilet is in the main station building......:):)

Last edited:

King Crab

Western Thunderer
Problem solved then.
I do like the telephone wires. It's the sort of random extra detail that turns a kit into a proper real building.

Happy New Year!

Peter

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I aim to keep the layout within the walls of the 14ft long shed, so I have re-shuffled the track to form a much smaller scenic section. It saved 3 turnouts ~ a bonus! This leaves the buildings too large for a small layout, so i aim to build a shorter and narrower goods shed. A cassette will sort the fiddle yard...
WEB Llanfair small 2.jpg

paulc

Western Thunderer
Hi Larry , if that is your track plan would it be worth pulling everything towards the front of the layout to give you an access road behind the goods shed which from memory has been a pain in the a$%e before . You could still have space at the front for the yard etc .
Just an idea .

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Hi Larry , if that is your track plan would it be worth pulling everything towards the front of the layout to give you an access road behind the goods shed which from memory has been a pain in the a$%e before . You could still have space at the front for the yard etc .
Just an idea .
Hi Paul, It's a bit problematic at the moment as I need to maximise length first.

Last edited:

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Morning Larry,

Just an idea but have you considered running the layout across your shed diagonally to make use of your sheds width? Doing so should give you a slight increase in length, I used the idea on my own layout. I've taken the liberty of uploading my plan to show what I mean, hope you don't mind .

Geoff

Bleddfa Rd. Plan.jpg

chigley

Western Thunderer
What about an external fiddle yard through the doorway Larry, just a single track against the frame to outside

Ken

Alan

Western Thunderer
I'm beginning to wish I had taken Geoff's approach with Blackney. I suspect it would have given me an extra foot or two. in wgaon lengthe termsan extra wagon or two the trains.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Morning Larry,

Just an idea but have you considered running the layout across your shed diagonally to make use of your sheds width? Doing so should give you a slight increase in length, I used the idea on my own layout. I've taken the liberty of uploading my plan to show what I mean, hope you don't mind .

Geoff

View attachment 177291
Thanks for this. At 80, I am still fit and healthy fortunately, but bending down could quiclly trigger my back. I discovered this before PhilH of this parish built me a lifting flap. I aim to keep things very simple from now on. 14 feet to play with is not bad going. I aim to construct a goods shed similar to the existing one but to 6mm scale except for the wagon entrance, then I'll have a better idea of how to use the space. Thanks everyone for your interest and ideas.