Re: The hello thread

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
The hello thread

Cheers for posting up some pics Rob, always nice to see a kit in its bare bones format :D

Steve

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

marsa69 said:
Something to do on the plane I suppose :shock:

it may turn more than a few heads if I fired up the microflame using the seat back as a WB :eek: . But no chance of that as I'm not flying I am going on a cruise from Southampton

Quote 28ten "That should be fun to build ! it looks fairly simple but slightly repetitive - you could knock it out in a weekend" - I wish or do I? I like think of kit prices in terms of price per hours of pleasure so i don't want to finish it too quickly or I may struggle to justify costs to myself or more importantly the wife :p

I will be creating a workbench thread when I get back and hopefully this should feature at some point.

Neil

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hello and oh dear. I'd promised myself that I wouldn't join any more forums, but once you start looking it's fairly natural to want to say 'I like that' or 'well done'. My main interests lie in one of the most distant outposts of the Western Region, though my modelling is focused on the years when the LMR wore the trousers.

Here's a pic or two.

s_isle_03.jpg

shell%2Bisland%2B2.jpg

28ten

Guv'nor
The hello thread

Hello Neil :wave:
I do like a bit of Cambrian :thumbs: I gave it some thought for 7mm but i didnt feel that i could capture the 'openness' I wanted in the larger scale

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hi Neil, welcome aboard...
Your layout Shell Island there was a direct inspiration for my own Withyn Reach, which of course is nowhere near as good...
As Cynric says, it was the 'openness' I also liked- and have completely failed to capture in 7mm.... :oops: :lol:

:wave:

Simon

Flying Squad
The hello thread

Hi Neil

Glad to see you couldn't resist - it's a pretty captivating place isn't it?

rjr

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hello everyone,

I was pointed here by Jordan, he commented that there was a fair few garden railways present. I must confess to not being a "Westerner" but having read a couple of threads was captivated by the standard of modelling ! and registered mainly to be able to post comments on such work. The downside is amongst such skills shown here and all the brass I have seen, I will be playing my cards close to my chest, Im here to watch and learn !

John
Know on various forums as RJR

marsa69

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hi John :D

I've got someone else now who isn't playing in the garden or a western fan :laugh: We need to stick together :twisted:

Mark

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Welcome aboard, John; it'll be just like old times soon.... ;)

Re the 'cards' analogy; I think you should show your hand... we need more antidotes to all the Scale7 stuff around here.. :p :thumbs:

rjr

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Marsa69 .... Sorry although not western I do have a dabble in the garden!! amongst some indoor ventures.

Jordan ....... I'm still drooling over what I have seen here so far, don't thing I'll have much credability if people find out the origins of my big stuff !

John
RJR

marsa69

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Ah well! One out of two ain't bad :laugh:

So lets see what you've got then, I'm curious ;)

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hi RJR and welcome to the forum :thumbs: If Jordan has recruited you i have a strange feeling that your into......... go on Rob say it...... American ;) :)
Rob :wave:

rjr

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Okay just to dispel the "dark side" fears, I have various scales /gauges in the garden and stored as modules in my 8'x6' shed.

45mm in the garden.

SDC16713.jpg

45mm indoors 8' x 20"

SDC16414.jpg

On30 Indoors (South American so "grey side") 2 modules 36" x 20"

outsidecoach4.jpg

OO Indoors 36x20"

passing47.jpg

And finally an N guage roundy roundy

mergeclean.jpg

All squashed but use able in turns

SDC16415.jpg

The N gauge is scenic on the side of the shed not seen here with a return loop under the G scale module. The other stuff, On30 and OO is stored under the N gauge in modular form and can be swapped with the G scale module as and when the mood takes.

As I said not western and not O, so Ill keep quite, behave myself and admire all your handy work :D

John
RJR

D1054

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hello all,

Just another new recruit saying hi! Great to find more "O" Gauge on the Western Region in the diesel era, and with work in progress too. Good stuff!
I like what's being done with the lights on the Western, and look forward to seeing your solution to the working fans. I got the fans up an running with some improvised engineering on D1054, but the twin sets do spin in opposite directions (which I'm sure isn't right?). I'm just starting a new JLTRT Class 52 (which is my second, and destined to become D1063), so will be following some of your ideas on this (particularly like the headcode set up). For cab lighting I dropped two yellow LED's into 1.5mm holes drilled through from the back of the cab into the lights on the back of the rear cab bulkhead. Nice and dingy - "just like the real thing!".
Anyway, catch you again soon!

Happy modelling!

Ian A. (D1054)

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hello Ian & welcome :wave: , the Westerns sound interesting :D , I'm sure we would all love to see some pics of the finished one :cool: :cool: :cool: . What other loco's & stock do you have ? & is there a layout too ?, I will look forward to hearing more about your projects :D

Cheers Phill :thumbs: