Attachments

• P1010033.JPG
    P1010033.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 21

John D

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hi all,
I suppose you could say that the main reason for joining this forum is to keep tabs on Simon C , aka 'the bodger of Bath' with his Gauge 1(1:32) exploits. To make sure that, instead of being out in the garden and doing things in PlastiKard he keeps his nose to the grindstone and finishes that absolutely fabulous 1:32 scale Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST kit he's got :laugh:
I'll be mainly lurking in the Area 51 zone as I'm not really into the GW, though that said the sight of an ex-works 'Torquay Manor' outside the Western shed (Gresty Lane) at Crewe when I were a lad made a very big impression,

28ten

Guv'nor
The hello thread

John D said:
Hi all,
I suppose you could say that the main reason for joining this forum is to keep tabs on Simon C , aka 'the bodger of Bath' with his Gauge 1(1:32) exploits. To make sure that, instead of being out in the garden and doing things in PlastiKard he keeps his nose to the grindstone and finishes that absolutely fabulous 1:32 scale Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST kit he's got :laugh:
I'll be mainly lurking in the Area 51 zone as I'm not really into the GW, though that said the sight of an ex-works 'Torquay Manor' outside the Western shed (Gresty Lane) at Crewe when I were a lad made a very big impression,
Hello John :wave:
L&NWR isnt it?

Simon

Flying Squad
The hello thread

John D said:
Hi all,

Curses! Looks like I've been well and truly "rumbled" - I'd better dig out that soldering iron :lol:

John D

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

L&NWR isnt it?

Ah!... well.......I've been a bit off it of late as I felt as though I'd been there, done it, got the t-shirt etc after nearly 50 years of the black stuff....and, after all there's other things (too many ) out there without going over the same stuff all the time. One day a mk2 'Alexandra Yard' might appear.....one day :|

28ten

Guv'nor
The hello thread

John D said:
L&NWR isnt it?

Ah!... well.......I've been a bit off it of late as I felt as though I'd been there, done it, got the t-shirt etc after nearly 50 years of the black stuff....and, after all there's other things (too many ) out there without going over the same stuff all the time. One day a mk2 'Alexandra Yard' might appear.....one day :|
You are right a change is good, and there are a lot of projects out there worth modelling

John D

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

OK chaps.....I give in......how DO you get an avatar up and running........I can get the pixels right but try as I might i cannotget down to the stipulated 7kb limit :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: The picture I want to use is down to the size if a pin head and it's still telling me that the file size is too big :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

28ten

Guv'nor
The hello thread

John D said:
OK chaps.....I give in......how DO you get an avatar up and running........I can get the pixels right but try as I might i cannotget down to the stipulated 7kb limit :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: The picture I want to use is down to the size if a pin head and it's still telling me that the file size is too big :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
post your pic here and I will fix it for you :D

John D

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

post your pic here and I will fix it for you

'Ere 'tis........[attachment=0:172nne6v]avatar3.jpg[/attachment:172nne6v].....I hope ,

Attachments

14.7 KB · Views: 50

John D

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Nah!....still telling me it's over 7kb :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :vista: ........I am putting it in the right bit ie 'edit avatar' in the control panel?

John D

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

'Ere 'tis again........

[attachment=0:12ybdcfv]WEQ10.jpg[/attachment:12ybdcfv]

Attachments

• WEQ10.jpg
    WEQ10.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 22

28ten

Guv'nor
The hello thread

this is 100px sq and 5.5kb so it should work

Lovely model btw :thumbs: Simon had better get on with his :D

Attachments

• WEQ10.jpg
    WEQ10.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 15

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Lovely looking engine John, a little similar to the scratch build I have on the go. If mine looks half as good as that and I will be very satisfied.