Re: The hello thread

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

I'm probably a bit thick :oops: , but where's the Floyd connection ?.............I'm a big fan too :cool: :cool: :cool:

Phill :wave:

D1054

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

You can just see a green field.... and a cold steel rail......... :D :rolleyes: Hmmm.. bit too tenuous methinks!

John D

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Many thanks with the help sorting the avatar.....I think it just might work now :thumbs: :thumbs:

Re: The Floyd.......I bought the 'Dark side OTM' LP many moons ago....it disappeared somewhere I know not....but then one of my boys bought me the CD a year or so back and I was on one big nostalgia trip....in fact methinks I'll give a spin later when I'm in the workshop assembling a 7mm scale LNW Superheated Precursor for a customer....... :cool:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

28ten said:
[quote=""Phill Dyson"":1f1139lp]I'm probably a bit thick :oops: , but where's the Floyd connection ?.............I'm a big fan too :cool: :cool: :cool:

Look at Johns location......[/quote:1f1139lp]
Doh :laugh:

Simon

Flying Squad
The hello thread

28ten said:
this is 100px sq and 5.5kb so it should work

Lovely model btw :thumbs: Simon had better get on with his :D

You know, that loco looks strangely familiar :scratch:

I have a hazy pre "Hydraulic Hiatus" memory of cutting out interesting pieces of metal and burning my fingers, I'm sure it will all come back to me before too long :lol:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Simon said:
I have a hazy pre "Hydraulic Hiatus" memory of cutting out interesting pieces of metal and burning my fingers, I'm sure it will all come back to me before too long :lol:
No rush at all Simon, keep up the good (Hydraulic) work ! ;) :laugh:

A

alcors1

The hello thread

hello,

from North Western USA,

I am getting ready (base boards complete, (2 x 8ft by 2ft in a L shape, includes a hidden staging, the whole layout is 12ftx8ft, but one half is US 1950's/60's SP&S) to model a North wales type layout, My parents are sending me my first loco this summer and some stock. I was referred here from another UK site after I posted a question about Morfa, a layout I been following kind off.

I have not decide era, maybe 1950-late 60's BR green, or 1970's BR blue, still in the process of getting information, locos I plan on purchasing are at least 2 class 24's, 2 DMUs 1, class 03, class 08, also been looking at some western and warships. Anything else will be lets see who it turns out, but I do like class 37's a lot too. Been looking for freight usage in wales, so I can have a nice goods train.

cool thing about doing a layout here in this part of the world, it will be unique.

I have a 8ft x 1ft base made up as well, that I am thinking of doing a good little industrial, but still have to work out what, any ideas will be appreciated

Warren

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Welcome Warren, I look forward to seeing lots of pictures. I am a confirmed much earlier steam man, myself but I do like looking at what others are doing no matter what the subject.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Welcome aboard, Warren. :wave: Sounds like you have quite a few interests and plans to keep you busy..!! :)

A

alcors1

The hello thread

28ten said:
Hi Warren :wave:
just dont Mention SOO or F units to Jordan :laugh:
:D I will, I saw the that in another thread.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

alcors1 said:
[quote=""28ten"":1vo1q7ev]Hi Warren :wave:
:D I will, I saw the that in another thread.[/quote:1vo1q7ev]
Oh dear :laugh:

(just kidding ;) ) welcome aboard :wave:

Phill :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hi Warren, welcome to the forum :thumbs:
You have a nice plan of what your wanting to do loco wise. I hope it will be 70's blue, especially if your having westerns and warships :drool: . But whatever you decide on i hope you enjoy the forum :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

A

alcors1

The hello thread

lancer1027 said:
Hi Warren, welcome to the forum :thumbs:
You have a nice plan of what your wanting to do loco wise. I hope it will be 70's blue, especially if your having westerns and warships :drool: . But whatever you decide on i hope you enjoy the forum :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

yep it will be late 60's early 70's, hell, may even roll into the 80's (I can get away with it).

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Hi Warren,

glad to see you have 'a cunning plan' for your layout and stock. I look forward to seeing your progress.

regards

Mike

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The hello thread

28ten said:
Hi Warren :wave:
OI!! :shock:
I had to check who'd posted that; it's usually lancer1027 who does the insults...!! :rolleyes: :p :p