Trade Titfield Thunderbolt News

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Am I in the running for the prize for the highest number of TFT postcards this year? :eek:

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
Another plug as two books of exceptional interest and quality have just arrived in the shop.

Dick Kelham's "Private owner wagons of Somerset" and Neil Macmillen and Mike Chapman's "Coal from Camerton"

Both are really very good, the wagon book is probably of most potential interest to folk here. I have given it a full review on my website see:

www.titfield.co.uk/New_Books.htm

It is the best of all the PO wagon books produced to date in my opinion, although it is fair to say that I am geographically biased.

The Camerton book is also brilliant, featuring the railway and station in some detail, together with the canal and earlier history and Somerset mining in more general terms, plus the unfortunate Reverend Skinner. This also has a full review on my website listing but isn't on the what's new page as I updated the record for the earlier edition - that'll teach me......

Well done to all authors and the publisher (Lightmoor) at last I have something really good to sell that covers the Camerton branch and Somerset mining.

Simon

Thank you Simon for your kind words. I blush...

Richard

Willy

Western Thunderer
I hope it is in order to post this here but I do feel obliged to say a big thank you to Simon and the Titfield Thunderbolt team for the speed with which they have dealt with my two recent orders, both of which arrived in France within a week of placing the order.

Thank you.

Willy

Reactions: Bob

Simon

Flying Squad
Thank you very much Bill. much appreciated.

Now I'd better get on and pack this weekend's orders!

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
I have just taken delivery of an exceptionally good book, "Ruston & Hornsby Diesel Locomotive Album" by Andrew Neale, published by Plateway Press, 112pp dust jacketed hardback at £28.00. It includes some really brilliant photography, perfect for modelling the little brutes, both narrow and standard gauge.

Not a cheap book, but an absolute classic, designed and laid out by David Smith and printed by Amadeus.

I have put a fuller description on my what's new page

And no, you won't find it on Amazon - so not one for the bargain hunters:rolleyes:

I shall be up at the Llanfair Unpronounceable show this coming weekend with this book and others, hopefully including Roy Link's new War Department Light Railway Album, another non-Amazonion corker:p

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Thank you very much for the positive comments, and the orders too.

One way and another I'm very lucky having my little shop. It was a great day today, amongst some excellent regulars I was also visited by Chris Turner, Trevor Pott and Simon Thompson, lots of trainy book nattering, much tea was drunk but we did run out of biscuits, first port of call the Coop tomorrow morning!

Simon

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I could not find the information on the Bookshop home page so I shall ask here:-

What are the shop opening hours from say 20th Dec to 3rd Jan?

thank you, Graham

Simon

Flying Squad
Announcement taken from website:

Wild Swan Books Ltd

I am very pleased to announce that as from Tuesday 16th December I have taken over the book publishing and marketing operations of Wild Swan Publications from Paul Karau and June Judge. From now I will be handling all trade and retail sales and will be responsible for the future production of all new titles under the Wild Swan imprint. Paul is happily carrying on with the magazine publishing side of the business, namely Model Railway Journal, Great Western Journal, British Railway Journal and the new LMS Review, together with continuing sales of the LMS Journal and Midland Record. He will be changing the name of the magazine business to Cygnet Magazines as he is keen that the Wild Swan name should stay with the book publishing business.

I have long admired Wild Swan books and am very pleased to have the opportunity to continue the name and business into the future. Paul has very kindly indicated his willingness to stay very much involved in the production side of things and there are a number of projects in the pipeline together with some new ideas for publishing projects.

There are lots of details to be attended to and I will announce developments here as they unfold. My very talented friend George Mumford has devised an excellent "back of house" administrative system and I will shortly be putting up a new website for Wild Swan at www.wildswanbooks.co.uk, which will become the website for Wild Swan.

Simon Castens