Brushs Laser Cutting and 3d Printing workbench

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
While at the West Mersea meet today I picked up a couple of display units. I wasn't sure they would be big enough but I was persuaded by Mickoo that they were. They need painting and I'm not sure on the best colour, but I'm sure it won't be blue with yellow ends as suggested by our friendly Viking.

SWMBO hasn't as yet authorised installation in the house. I've not told her that I've commissioned some more units to home the rest of the fleet. :)

image.jpg

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
These were second hand so would be unfair to quote prices, but I was happy with what I paid. I will find out the price and get back to you. I'm not entirely sure how to wall mount these as the Heljan loco's are fairly heavy.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Hi BT4:)

Can I be rude and ask how much they cost? - they look very nice and a nice storage solution too (there are others I am considering too):thumbs:

Kind regards,

CME:)

No idea either but they are very nice, would look good with some shed furniture in there to make them look like the inside of a depot or something, kind of micro cameros.

Peter does carry boxes (under arm) which are a similar size but with flip top lids, hinges and clasps, thus a mite more complex to construct one would imagine and this months news letter quotes those as £32.25 for a 22" long one and £18.50 for a 12" one, I'll grab some photos next month if anyone is interested. So, with the above I'd reason the show boxes 'might' be in the order of £30, but that is a reasoned estimate and price does depend on length.

HTH

mickoo

Western Thunderer
I'm not entirely sure how to wall mount these as the Heljan loco's are fairly heavy.

Your not kidding, nearly pulled my arm out of its socket when I tried to pick it up LOL

If your going into stud walling then I'd seriously recommend you find one of the wooden support beams for the stud work behind to secure too, I'd wager a hefty amount that no cavity fixing will hold two of those with Heljan locos in.

For solid walls then brown plugs with some 70mm number 10's should suffice, two in the top box and two in the bottom, or, some good quality shelf angles underneath the boxes.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Your not kidding, nearly pulled my arm out of its socket when I tried to pick it up LOL

If your going into stud walling then I'd seriously recommend you find one of the wooden support beams for the stud work behind to secure too, I'd wager a hefty amount that no cavity fixing will hold two of those with Heljan locos in.

For solid walls then brown plugs with some 70mm number 10's should suffice, two in the top box and two in the bottom, or, some good quality shelf angles underneath the boxes.

I'm worried the bottoms will fall out. :eek:

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I got one of these this weekend.
image.jpg
So thinking that I will need to take my modelling on the road and looking at my current workbench
image.jpg
I thought I'd better think of something. I've been tidying my bits and pieces into plastics storage boxes so that gave me an idea.

I screwed a piece of chipboard I had laying around to the lid of a one of the plastic boxes.
image.jpg
Right way up, I attached my cutting board with double sided tape and added a straight edge at the bottom. I also cut a hole to hold the Plastic Weld.
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
The lid keeps everything dust free, fingers and dogs off between modelling sessions. Also makes it easier to transport to the caravan for modelling trips while away.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Let me know which way you are heading on hols then I can go in the opposite direction and I wont get stuck behind you in traffic and thus get delayed on my way to the B&B/holiday cottage

Funny you should say that, but I usually go to Cornwall this time of year and this is the first time we didn't get stuck in traffic on the way down. We must have left a little bit earlier as the traffic seemed to be behind us. :oops:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
It would stick out less in a field and be more pleasing to the eyes, honestly why make them white was it some thing to do with seagulls

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
A chap at Sudbury S7 Club is modelling Kings Cross albeit steam era and he has been kind enough to draw up a 1970's era track plan for me.

So as we are building similar buildings I wanted to try CAD designed buildings. I've been following Adrian's QCAD tutorials and thought this is the opportunity to have a go.

First off is the windows. I need several of these. Will post pictures once I get them back from York Laser Craft.

image.jpg
Window.jpg

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Just noticed the window is not quite right at the top. Will need a slight amendment tomorrow before I send off to be cut. :(