Brushs Laser Cutting and 3d Printing workbench

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Yes I agree. I remember walking along that footpath many times, peeping through the wooden fence. There was always " spotters " down there.:thumbs:

I wonder how many people will actually use this path now no spotters will be using it:confused:

Rob:)

alcazar

The much maligned "dog sh*t alley"...and not a dog poo in sight.

I remember running along that alley to see through the slats in the fence, then letting my mate climb off my cupped hands and yes...you guessed it......

The loco that day was A1 60149 "Amadis", not a rare 'un.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I've been fiddling about with the drawings for the warehouse and couldn't get the brickwork to match and repeat well. Looking back at the photographs I decided to redraw. The courses match up, down and side by side now. This means that I've been able to complete the first couple of modular sections to create this;

warehouse.jpg

To come is a North light roof with enough space to sign write your warehouse name on the bricks, a selection of door sections and some plain brickwork.

I'll will be bringing sections to Telford for people to look at and if anyone would like a full warehouse I will laser cut so it is all on one sheet and not modular for you. :)

Overseer

Western Thunderer
I've been fiddling about with the drawings for the warehouse and couldn't get the brickwork to match and repeat well. Looking back at the photographs I decided to redraw. The courses match up, down and side by side now. This means that I've been able to complete the first couple of modular sections to create this;
. :)
Just a small point before you start mass production, the brick pattern below the windows can't be quite right. There should never be stack bond (perpends lining up vertically) in traditional brickwork so there are probably some shorter bricks, or closers to offset the perpends in the upper course of the blue brindle band.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Just a small point before you start mass production, the brick pattern below the windows can't be quite right. There should never be stack bond (perpends lining up vertically) in traditional brickwork so there are probably some shorter bricks, or closers to offset the perpends in the upper course of the blue brindle band.

Yes, the infill four rows under the sill of the window have been troublesome. It is hard to see but it looks like a very small brick is used (less than a quarter). I tried to ignore odd sizes and everything else lined up pretty well as expected expect the bottom row on top of the blue bricks. I think I know how to make it look better, ill have another look tomorrow.

JimG

Western Thunderer
Yes, the infill four rows under the sill of the window have been troublesome. It is hard to see but it looks like a very small brick is used (less than a quarter). I tried to ignore odd sizes and everything else lined up pretty well as expected expect the bottom row on top of the blue bricks. I think I know how to make it look better, ill have another look tomorrow.

Phil,

I contemplated building a model of Water Orton station some years ago and took a lot of pictures of the station to this end. The bond used was Flemish bond but it was noticeable that the bricklayer(s) had to resort to some non-standard brick sizes in the window sections to satisfy the bond requirements and the building measurements. . I'll try and locate the pictures I took. My son-in-law is a bricklayer to trade and he says that one of the important tasks at the start of a job is laying out the bricks in whatever bond you are using to satisfy the architect's plans.

Jim.

JimG

Western Thunderer
Phil, I managed to locate my pictures of Water Orton and below is one of the pictures which shows some of the adjustments being made. I'm afraid my memory is useless and the bond is English. :)

WaterOrtonBrickWork.jpg

The adjustment under this window was only in the stretchers and a fairly straightforward insertion of a header in the middle of the panel. But the chimney stack to the right shows a slightly more complicated layout to match with the design of the building. The brickwork around the windows, dormer and lift shaft was not quite straightforward English bond, to fit in with the various architectural features.

WaterOrtonBrickWork-02.jpg

I learned a lot about brickwork when looking at this station - i.e. it's not just a matter of cutting a shape out of Slaters Plastikard brick sheet. :)

Jim.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I learned a lot about brickwork when looking at this station - i.e. it's not just a matter of cutting a shape out of Slaters Plastikard brick sheet. :)

Jim.

Thanks Jim! I'm learning a bit about brickwork too. Thanks for posting the pictures. It's a great looking building.